Christian Dior Fall 2009 Couture Paris

No one does couture like Christian Dior. He set his show in the Dior Headquarters on Avenue Montaigne. This line was presented very much like the clothes were traditionally presented to press and clients in the 40’s and 50’s. The clothes were reminiscent of 40s and 50s styles only with bright, sophistocated color.

The difference was that the models were “half” dressed.

I would imagine real world clients will combine tops and skirts from these different outfits for real world wear. I can’t wait to see how Charleze Theron wears this look on the Red Carpet.

Here are close ups of the shoes. Note the sparkly hose.

The embelishments, make me think of old girdle connectors. I can’t tell you how many times I watched my mother squeeze into her girdle and hook her stockings with those little dealies.

My favorite pair is below.

I love the hand work detail of couture.

No comments: