Mulberry Creased Jenah Bags

Mulberry Creased Jenah Bag in TurquoiseI am, more or less, on board with the Mulberry Creased Jenah Bag. It’s on-trend in several ways - it has a chain strap, it’s a flap bag, and it’s smaller than the bags that we’ve seen in the past few seasons. It’d be a great addition to a spring wardrobe to satisfy a lot of the new bag looks in one package, theoretically. But the one thing that’s stopping me is…the color. I know that a lot of people will disagree with me, because I can see where people would think it was pretty, but I just can’t do it. Pastels (and this is basically a pastel) are not good on me. I have yellow undertones in my skin, and it’s just not a particularly lovely contrast. Also, for some reason, wearing any kind of pastel makes me feel like an enormous, 5-and-a-half-foot-tall toddler. I’m willing to admit that this is probably a hangup that only I have, but until I see it in another color (a medium-to-mustard yellow would be nice, if you’re listening, Mulberry), I’ll have to pass.

No comments: