Judith Leiber Morning Dew Minaudiere and Christian Louboutin Glittered Pump

Doesn’t everyone need a bit of glitter in their lives? I think so. When Megs sent me a link to the Christian Louboutin Glittered Pump this morning, I couldn’t NOT write about it. Despite the fact that I can’t wear heels (a long-ago broken ankle, painful story), I could be easily convinced to risk personal injury for these stunning shoes. They’re a complete fantasy - like ruby slippers for a grown-up, urban Dorothy - except instead of taking you back home when you click your heels, they take you to a fabulous party with an open bar.

Judith Leiber Morning Dew Minaudiere and Christian Louboutin Glittered Platform Pump

And what pair of over-the-top shoes would be complete without a similarly fabulous bag? I think that, in this case, a solid-color bag in the same sahde would be a bit much, and I generally warn against an exact handbag-shoe match in almost every case. Instead, go for the glitter theme in a small proportion. The Judith Leiber Morning Dew Minaudiere strikes just the right note; it’s glittery but avoids the dyed-to-match look that trying to match a powerful shoe can often create. The color of the shoes appears in an important part of the clutch, but it doesn’t fall into the matchy-matchy trap. You’ll have to really work it to pull off this much shine, but with a solid-color dress (call me crazy, but I’m thinking maybe the green in the clutch could be that solid color…it’d be a totally unexpected but would pull together really well with the bag) and limited jewelry, I’d totally work it. I’m not sure where I’d go, but by God, I’d find somewhere to wear it. Christian Louboutin Glittered Pump can be bought through Neiman Marcus for $745. Buy the Judith Leiber Clutch through Neiman Marcus for $2395. 

No comments: